Tuesday, November 16, 2010

NaBloPoMo 16/30:

First of all, here are the pictures I was unable to post from my phone yesterday. These were from Waterloo Ice House, where we go frequently because Carter can play and Doug and I can relax.







I was away from Carter again all day today, and that makes it harder to post here. It's a busy work week (my student teachers are in the field), which means I'm away from Carter 10-11 hours each day this week. We're just not used to that, and it creates a strain. Michelle has noted that Carter seems a little sad these last two afternoons, and when I come home, I'm not getting the normal enthusiastic greeting from him. I can feel the disconnect between us when we spend so much time apart, and it just keeps growing. It's especially hard when he doesn't nap, because then he's tired in the evenings and that much harder to connect with. I'll be glad when this week is over and we can spend time together again!

I had a little time over lunch today to go look for an outfit for Carter for our holiday card pictures (which we'll take this weekend). I had looked at a bunch of possibilities online, and decided to go to the Janie and Jack store to see what they had. I ended up buying several shirts and pairs of pants for Carter in addition to the holiday picture outfit! I really love the clothes they have there, though, and I've bought them before so I know the quality. It's so ridiculously hard to find cute boys' clothes, so when I find something I like, I jump on it. :-)

Julie suggested I post pictures of Carter modeling his new clothes, and I tried to imagine doing this. Carter would be utterly miserable if I made him put on all of those clothes and pose for pictures! He hates being dressed as it is, and we have to play games just to get him changed into his PJs at night. He's definitely not into fashion! So I'll have to figure out another way to get pictures of the clothes posted. Next week -- for now, I'm exhausted. Good night!

No comments: