Thursday, November 18, 2010

NaBloPoMo 17/30: A day with Mimi

I'm a day behind now, but I think I'll be able to catch up over the weekend. I had long days every day this week, and by Wednesday I was really feeling it. I'm just not used to being away from Carter that much, and I left the house that morning feeling depressed. I texted Michelle and asked her to send me lots of pictures of Carter that day, and she did just that. Here are the pictures she sent.

Carter was asleep when I left, but woke up soon after. He likes to play a little while before breakfast.



And here he is having a yummy breakfast.



They headed to his swimming lesson, which Michelle reported he really enjoyed. After that they went downtown and had lunch on the roof of Whole Foods, where there is a patio and a playground.



He apparently played with these other boys, who had some cars and trucks. Though he doesn't exactly look like he's being social here, heh.



After lunch Carter and Michelle went to the Austin Nature and Science Center, which I did not even know existed until she sent me these pictures. It looks like so much fun! Carter apparently had a blast, and we will definitely be going back there soon.







One of the highlights for Carter was the Dino Dig, a big sandbox with fossils to be dug up.









She said he fell asleep in the car on the way home, having worn himself out. He didn't wake up again until after Doug and I were both home. I was sitting on the couch when he came around the corner, and when he saw me he grinned and said, "Mommy!" and ran to jump in my lap. I hugged him and started crying -- I'd just missed him so much! He looked up at me and his eyes got teary, and I just hugged him tighter and told him I was sorry I had to be away from him this week.

We had lots of fun last night, and this morning I didn't have to head out until 9:00 am. That meant we got to wake up together, have breakfast, and hang out a little bit before I had to leave. Just having an extra 2 hours really recharged my batteries! Michelle said Carter really missed me today, though, and by the end of the day didn't have much enthusiasm for anything. It's interesting how much we're used to being together, and how hard it is when that typical schedule changes.

Tomorrow we have a whole day together, and I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: