Friday, March 19, 2010

End of spring break!

I thought I'd blog more this week, but I stayed busy playing with Carter! We had a lot of fun this week, and I dread having to leave him for a few days a week again. I love spending time with him and playing with him, and being away from him is just painful. It makes me appreciate the time I have with him even more.

We did lots of fun things this week. We spent a lot of time away form the house on Wednesday and Thursday because there were workers on the roof all day along, and they made a lot of noise! We went swimming, and found places out and about to play. On Thursday we spent the afternoon at the park in our neighborhood. Carter has a toy Ferrari that Doug got for him, and he wanted to play with that.

I find it hilarious that he had all this playground equipment available to him, and what he he wanted to do most was roll his car around!

He also played with a basketball after watching some older boys playing. He just wasn't quite sure what to do with the ball!

He really enjoyed playing with a little girl's scooter, too. He would climb on it and balance, though I didn't manage to get a picture of that.

It probably looks like fall in these pictures. Live oaks shed their leaves in the spring, so we get lots of leaves in March every year in stead of in the fall.

Carter had a lot of fun picking flowers too. He would pick them and then pick all the petals off, and then ask me to "fix" the flower, heh.

I love that we have such a great park in our neighborhood! We have direct access to it from a gate in our backyard, but the path is all grown over, so we walk all the way around to get there. I've thought about clearing it out, but I'm not sure I actually want it to be that easy for anyone to get into our yard from the park, you know?

Today was Carter's third day this week with no nap. Even Michelle couldn't get him to take one today, after going swimming, no less. It's starting to be a trend, so I'm guessing we're really heading toward dropping a nap. He doesn't even get particularly cranky on those days; he just never gets tired.

He goes to bed two hours earlier on no-nap days, which has its benefits, but I miss playing with him in the evenings. Today we spent the whole day away from Carter, got home around 5:30, and then started getting him ready for bed at 7:30. He was asleep by 8:00 (he normally goes to bed around 10:00), so that's two whole hours we usually get to spend with him that we don't get today. I know that's normal for people who work full time, but for us it's completely not! He'll sleep until at least 8:00 am, which is when he normally gets up. It's funny how he sleeps almost exactly 12 hours out of every 24 -- either 12 hours straight with no nap, 10 hours overnight and a 2-hour nap, or 9 hours overnight and a 3-hour nap.

In other news, no new car yet. Doug and I spent the day test driving, and all I learned was that I have very expensive taste. :-P

No comments: