Thursday, July 16, 2009

18 month WBV, lots of pictures and videos

Carter's 18 month WBV was yesterday. He weighs 26 pounds, 5 ounces and is 31 inches tall. He's now in the 50-75th percentile for his weight (for his ACTUAL age!) and 10-25th percentile for height. The doctor isn't adjusting his age any more because he's doing well on his actual age growth curve. He's heavy for his height, but apparently so was I. My mom says I weighed the same at 18 months as I did at 4 years. I went from a pudgy toddler to a tall skinny kid. So maybe Carter will do the same?

The doctor did an autism screening, and Carter is totally normal there. I wasn't surprised -- I researched the early signs of autism last year (since preemies have a higher incidence) and I've been looking out for any signs all along. The doctor asked if he was speaking at least 5 words, and I laughed, because it's more like 50. He also asked if Carter could point to at least 2 body parts if asked. I didn't know, so I said, "Carter, where's your nose?" And he grabbed his nose! I was totally surprised!

Here are some pictures and videos that show Carter doing all sorts of fun things. This first one is really cute, IMO. He's playing "cymbals" by bashing two sippy cup lids together, and dancing! He also demonstrates his newly learned spinning skill here.



Here are a couple of videos from Gymboree. The first shows him tossing and kicking a ball.



In this one, he's shooting hoops! Or trying to, anyway.



Here are some pictures of him playing around the house. It's funny how found toys are so much better than bought ones...



Here we are playing in the yard.



Here's a video of him playing with his beach ball. You can hear him say "wagon" here.



He loves to help sweep. Not that his sweeping is entirely helpful yet, but someday it will be, I imagine.





He also likes playing in the sink. But hey, who doesn't?



This session ended with a LOT of water being dumped on the kitchen floor, one bowlful at a time!



And finally a few eating pictures. Carter has been more interested in eating vegetables lately, much to my relief. Here he is eating peas.



And I'm still not sure if likes raw tomatoes. I can't eat them, and I sincerely hope he can.



And here he is after eating some cherries. He signs "bath" here.



I have a lot more to say, but I have to get going! Hope everyone is having a good week.

1 comment:

Debby said...

Thank you for the videos...I love watching him.. He has grown so much...Love you! Mom