Friday, July 17, 2009

Soaking it all up

Carter is learning so much these days. I thought about trying to update his list of words, but I'm not sure I know them all. He constantly surprises me with new ones! I've been trying to get him talking on video, and it's sort of hard because he presence of the camera pretty much changes whatever he was doing to the extent that he stops talking. But tonight, I caught some on camera!

In this video, he's showing me things in a book.



This one is funny. He decided in the middle of the book that it was time for a diaper change. He's been doing this more and more lately.



He's also saying "ouch" there, something that's really come in handy lately. A few mornings ago, he was really whiny and cranky when he first woke up. He signed ouch, but when I asked where it hurt, he wouldn't tell me at first, but then he signed "diaper" and "ouch". I took his diaper off and sure enough, he'd developed a painful-looking rash overnight!

Here are a couple of cute pictures. We're working on eating with utensils, and he's slowly making progress.



And here is Carter's first art!



We went to an art class at Gymboree this morning, and he made that there. It was interesting, but I think we'll wait a month before we try again. He was far more interested in eating all of the art supplies than drawing with them, and really wasn't interested in standing still at the art table for very long. I think he's just not quite ready for that! The class is for 18 months and up, and he's actually more like 16 months, so it's definitely a bit early. Or maybe he's just not into art, heh.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Him reading the book! That is the cutest thing ever!

(In case you haven't already figured it out, Byron Barton has tons of books about all kinds of vehicles. You can guess why Sam liked that particular book, though....)