Sunday, December 7, 2008

Moving!

Carter is on the move these days! He's actually starting to be hard to keep up with, and he's starting to get into everything. And he's not even officially crawling! This is about to get really interesting.

Yesterday afternoon he got hold of a full bottle of water, the cap of which was apparently not screwed on very tightly. He then dumped the ENTIRE bottle on himself! It was funny, and boy was I glad it was only water.

He's getting so close to crawling. He will get on his hands and knees, but he hasn't figured out how to move his knees yet. Instead, he pushes up onto his feet (in a sort of downward-dog position) and walk his feet forward. His hands don't keep up, so he'll then collapse onto his stomach and either do it all again or roll a bit. My mom said that I moved around that way, and pretty much did it until I walked (at 9 months). We'll see!

But Carter is also starting to pull himself up, which is amazing. He can climb into my lap when I'm sitting on the floor and pull himself up on me. Today he pulled up on the plastic storage box of Christmas ornaments. I sat him beside it and he reached up, grabbed the edge, pulled to his feet and started grabbing things inside!

So yeah, we're already starting to baby-proof...

No comments: