Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chicago!

I haven't posted since my November blitz ended ten days ago!  We've been busy with the end of the semester and Doug traveling, and I don't think I even took many pictures in the last week.

And now we're in Chicago!  This trip is our Christmas present, as Doug and I are going out to amazing restaurants all three nights.  We brought Michelle with us to hang out with Carter while we go out at night, and the hotel we're staying at (the W Lakeshore) is very close to the Navy Pier, which is where the fantastic Chicago Children's Museum is housed.  Doug got us a suite at the W, and though it's not quite as glorious as the one in Santiago last summer, it's still a great room!

Carter1780

It's great for Carter to have a little more room to play.

Carter1782

We have a beautiful view from our room.

Carter1781

It's cold, though I've been here when it was colder! There is a big storm coming through tomorrow, and we'll see what happens with that. I would love to get Carter out playing in the snow, and hopefully we'll be able to do that.

Doug and I had a fantastic dinner last night at a restaurant called L2O. We got back around 10:00 pm and Carter was bathed, in his PJs, and ready to snuggle up in bed. We slept in a bit this morning, and then Carter, Michelle, and I went to get breakfast at Starbucks and then headed over to the Children's Museum while Doug got some work done.

It's a really fantastic children's museum, and thought we spent several hours there, Carter only saw about half of it. Here are some pictures of him playing.

Carter1788

Carter1783

Carter1784

Carter1786

Carter1785

Carter1787

After that we walked up to where I was meeting up with an old friend from high school, and it was a long, cold walk! The storm was starting to come in, and it was cold, windy, and rainy. We had Carter well-bundled-up in the stroller, and he seemed to do fine. He even played quietly while we spent almost two hours visiting with my friend James. He was actually amazingly patient, considering he had to entertain himself while the grownups talked!

We got back to the hotel and ordered him a very late lunch of room service mac&cheese, which he scarfed down, saying, "My tummy was hurting, but mac and cheese makes it feel better!"

Tonight Doug and I are heading to another amazing restaurant, Charlie Trotter's. Tomorrow we'll likely go back to the Children's Museum, and maybe get out in the snow a little bit!

1 comment:

Aidan and Emma said...

Looks like you are having fun! I remember James, how is he doing? Miss ya! D