Monday, March 24, 2008

Pics and vids

Carter had an appointment at the doctor's office today for his Synagis injection, which protects him against RSV. He was weighed before the shot: 6 pounds, 4 ounces! He's within the range of a small newborn now, which is so amazing to me.

He didn't like the shot, of course. He scrunched up his face and cried, but hardly made a sound. He turned purple, and looked so terribly upset. He was poked and prodded so much in the NICU, and I know this little shot was nothing compared to what he experienced then. But still, it's been a while, and he definitely had a strong reaction to it. It was hard to see him so upset, even though I know this was a relatively small thing.

I have some more pics and video, since the last post didn't have any. Look at my big boy!

Here he is in his car seat. He pretty much hates riding in the car!



Here he is with Doug's hand on his head.



Here he is with Doug's hand on January 21, as a comparison.



Carter sits in his high chair by the table at dinner, and if we're lucky he sleeps through dinner.



Look at this face!



Here are two short videos. In the first, Carter was laying on the couch and being cute just before feeding time. He got a little fussy at the end, heh.



And here he is in his high chair, asleep. I don't know if you can hear it, but he's snoring. Awww...



I took him by campus today to show him off while running a couple of errands, and he was a big hit. It was really weird to walk down those halls with him after everything that's happened in the last couple of months!

2 comments:

Pam Marion said...

I want to squeeze those chubby little cheeks. Hey, I love it that he snoores! Nana B will not wear ear plugs for Carter snoores as she does for "other" family members!!
He has grown so, what was his lenght at his visit yesterday?
Give him a kiss and tell him Aunt Pam loves him!

Mattison Grace said...

Carter is so cute. He has grown so much. I just want to kiss those cheeks. I cannot wait to see him again.
I am so glad all is well.
As far as the shots are concerned it makes me hurt so much for Matti when she has shots. I just try to tell myself she needs them to protect herself, but it is still hard watching them cry and look up at you.
Motherhood is the best feeling ever. It may be hard work, but it is worth it.
Love-Julie