Thursday, November 25, 2010

NaBloPoMo 24/30: WDW day 2

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a fun day, though not a traditional one.

For some reason Carter hasn't been sleeping very well, and last night he was up from 1:00-4:00, basically. This made it a long night for us, and for me in particular! But we still got up this morning and went to the Animal Kingdom Park. We rushed over to the safari ride to get on it as quickly as possible.

We thought Carter would love the ride, and he found it interesting, but he wasn't all that interested in looking at the animals. I didn't take many animal pictures, because we have SO many pictures of African animals, but I did take a few.


This was too good a shot of a white rhino to pass up:


When we got off the safari ride, Carter actually said he wanted to go back to the hotel! Here we are at this amazing park, and he was thinking about going back to the hotel and playing with his toys! We headed over to the river raft ride, which we thought he had a chance of getting on, since the height minimum was 38". He was just under their measuring stick, though, so we didn't get to ride it. We had lunch instead, and then headed over to the play area in Dinoland, which Carter really enjoyed last year.




Last year he surprised us by going down all of these slides head-first! This year he also enjoyed them.



Something we missed last year was the dino dig sand pit. He loved this, of course.


It's funny that we came all this way and the thing he enjoyed most was playing in the sand pit!


We headed back to the hotel when Carter started laying down in the sand and yawning, and he went to sleep pretty soon after we got back. I was tired from not getting much sleep the night before, so I took a nap too. The days when I get to take naps with Carter are few and far between now, and I enjoy it when I get to do it!

When we woke up we decided to go back to the Magic Kingdom for the evening. We spent most of our evening in Tomorrowland, where we had turkey legs for dinner (Happy Thanksgiving!) and rode several rides. There was a dance party going on in one area, and Carter and I danced some, which he loved.

We also rode the Speedway cars, and Doug put Carter behind the driver's wheel and worked the gas pedal for him so he could drive. Doug said he squealed the entire time! When we later asked him what was his favorite thing he did that day, he said, "Driving the race car was the best part. And Carter got to ride in the front!" It's funny how he knows riding in the front is very special.

The only picture I took tonight was when we rode "It's a Small World", which Carter loved last year and again this year.


We got back to the hotel around 9:30, and Carter was very happy to see his toys! He's been playing with them nonstop for the last hour.

We're not yet sure what we'll do tomorrow morning. We'll probably decide at the last minute. That's yet another of the fun things about being on vacation! :-)

No comments: