Saturday, August 1, 2009

First haircut!

Carter got his first haircut this morning. I love his hair long, but it needed a little trim and some shaping up, so we decided to go ahead and get it cut. We went to Pigtails & Crewcuts, a kids salon down the road. It was a really cute place! They have a big waiting room with lots of toys, couches, a kid-sized table and chairs, and a big flatcreen TV that was playing Nemo while we were there. It was such a fun playroom that I found myself wishing we could wait longer, heh. Here are some "before" pictures.







The little boy who got his hair cut before Carter came back in the waiting room with a crew cut! Doug looked at me with a horrified expression and said,"Um, no. No way." I said, "Don't worry, that is NOT going to happen!" I love my little guy with his hair shaggy and curly!

The chairs for the haircuts are little vehicles. Carter sat in the fire truck, and spent most of the actual haircut "driving" it.





Here are some "after" pictures.







So he's trimmed up, but still long enough to keep his rocker-baby cred. ;-)

They also gave us a little "First Haircut" certificate with a picture of him and a lock of his hair. So cute!



Here are a couple more cute videos. In his first one, he is showing me all the animals in a book. The interesting thing to me is that the pictures in the book are kid-drawn, so they don't necessarily look like the actual animals. But he has still somehow figured out what they are.



The next two videos are posted by special request! They show him opening a package sent my Nana Anna and Papa Marion (his great-grandparents).



I tried to get him to go to the box and see what else was in it, to no avail. He wanted to play with the first vehicle he pulled out. So I eventually pulled out the rest of the cars and trucks and just piled them around him:

1 comment:

Debby said...

Love the pictures and videos...I think he loves the trucks and cars from NanaAnna and Papa...Thank you so much for taking the time to post. Love you...Mom/Nana