Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sooo close to walking!

I think there were 25 posts last fall about how close Carter was to crawling. Now will begin the same number of posts about how close he is to walking!

He's cruising, and has just started doing that thing where he will try to reach his arm out to grab another piece of furniture that is a few inches too far away. At this point, he will lose his balance and fall, but I know that any day now he might actually take a step in between to make up the difference. And if he follows the same pattern as before it will be another two months before he walks for real.

In the meantime, he's started to like pushing objects around and walking behind them. He will do this with cardboard boxes, the cat's scratching post, the rolling chairs in the kitchen, and his lion walker toy. I finally managed to get the latter on video this morning:



Poor kitty! Incidentally, I do feel bad for Lucy these days. She was my "baby" for so long, and I didn't realize the extent to which I was projecting my baby-longings on her until Carter came along. The poor cat gets almost no attention now, and I have zero qualms about shoving her aside for Carter. I feel bad about it, but honestly, I really don't care about hurting the cat's feelings. Before Carter was born, I couldn't even imagine doing that! I would feel horrible! But now, not so much. I'm like, eh, she's a cat and she'll get over it. :-P

It's been getting harder to catch Carter on video when he's doing cute things. He is so interested in the camera that as soon as he sees it (or hears the little chime that means I've turned it on), he'll stop whatever he's doing and crawl on over. In the next video, I was wanting to catch him flipping through a book. He really loves playing with books these days, and definitely has his favorites. The one in this video is his very favorite book. But of course, he got fixated on the camera right away.



One of these days I'll get a good book video!

We're heading to NC tomorrow for a long weekend. Carter's birthday party is on Sunday afternoon, and I know I'll be seeing some of y'all there. I'll post lots of pictures and video from that when I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sam has that book! He really loves it, too! I think they like books that show pictures of other babies' faces.

And I know what you mean about the cat. My cats were always first in my heart, but when I lost two of them last year -- I hate to confess that I was secretly relieved.

bonbonbanker said...

Tears!!!! Unbelievable how much he has accomplished....Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.
Love Ya
Aunt Bonnie