Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November 25: On our way to NC, "Mama"

I'm going to make this post quick, since I need to head home and get us packed for our Thanksgiving trip to NC. I'm so excited to see Carter interact with all of his cousins, and for my family to see how much he's changed in the last few months. My extended family is large and close, and though we all post pictures and videos of our LOs, it's not quite the same as being there. I can't wait to see how Aidan, Emma, and Matti have changed since I saw them in September!

And OMG, Thanksgiving! This will be Carter's first turkey, which will be so cute! There will definitely be pictures. :-D

On to topic 2: Carter has been saying "Mama" a lot in the last day or two. At least, that's what he's trying to say. He doesn't really bring his lips together to make an M; he uses his tongue and his upper lip, and it comes out as a strange cross between a M, N, and L, if you can imagine that.

But anyway, it's become his new favorite phrase, and he seems to use it for everything. Of course, usually he uses it when he needs our attention for some reason, or if he's unhappy. So if he's playing on the floor and wants to be picked up, I hear a very whiny "Mamamamamama!" If I am trying to nurse him and he would rather now be back on the floor playing, he arches his back and pushes away from me and whines "Mamamamamama!" It was getting a little disheartening.

But then this morning, while he was playing on the floor while I was getting ready for work, he looked up at me and smiled and said "Mama!" How could that not melt you on the spot? :-)

No comments: