Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Seattle part 3, and lots of sitting!

Just to wrap up our Seattle trip, I have a few pictures from the day we traveled home. It was an interesting morning, partly because the fire alarms went off in our hotel at around 10:00 am. I had showered and crawled back into bed to nurse Carter when the announcement came to evacuate. I jumped up, dressed as fast as I could, put Carter in the wrap, grabbed the diaper bag, and we headed for the stairs. We were on the 25th floor, so we had a long trek down. Fortunately, it was a false alarm, but it was good to know we could get it together so quickly and get out of the building.

We went out that morning to a Thai restaurant, and Carter sat next to us in the corner booth.



He can tripod sit like that for several minutes at a time, and he will try to sit up straighter.



The trip home was fairly uneventful. Carter is a good flier, which makes it easy! Here he is playing on the floor at our gate while we waited for the flight.



I've seen advertisements for the Boppy pillow that said it was the single most useful baby item you could buy. And that is so, so true! If Carter and I were stranded on a desert island and could only take one thing, it would have to be the Boppy!

Here he is strapped into the baby seat in the bathroom at the airport so Mommy can go. Aren't those the coolest things? I can go with him in the sling, but if I've just changed his diaper and have him out of it, it's nice to be able to strap him into a safe spot.



And finally, here is a video of him sitting this morning. He'd been sitting for a couple of minutes before I grabbed the camera. At the end he falls over and gets upset. For the record, he was fine. :-)



I weighed him on our bathroom scale this morning, and to the extent that is accurate (I weighed him 3 times, with the same result each time), in clothes and diaper he weighs 18 pounds. He feels like it, too!

He's also finally started playing with his feet just in the last couple of days. It's so cute to see him laying on his back and grabbing his feet! He's been especially sweet with Doug lately. When Doug comes home at night, Carter grins and laughs in anticipation of Daddy playtime. Doug can make him squeal and laugh in ways I just can't, but I don't mind at all. It's so sweet to see them having fun together!

We're heading to North Carolina on Friday morning, so I'll likely not post again before then. I hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Carter is coming to see Nana....YEAH!!!!!! I can not wait...Love you both and have a safe trip...