Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sleep plan, day 2

Tonight was better. I took Carter up around 7:30, when he seemed to be getting tired. I gave him a bath and then did a little infant massage with lotion. (I need to look for a book on that, because I'm not sure I'm doing it very well.) By the time I got him into his PJs, he was sucking on his fist. I attempted to read him a short book, but he was too hungry, so we went right to the nursing.

It was 8:00 by then and he nursed until 8:30. Just as he was starting to drift off to sleep, he pooped. Oddly enough, he did the same thing last night, and he's a once a week pooper, so it's strange that he did it again. Anyway, I had to change his diaper, which woke him up completely, and then we settled down in the glider one more time. He nursed a little more and fell asleep. By 9:00 he was completely out, and I was able to lay him down and sneak out.

It's now 10:15 and he hasn't made a peep, so yay! It's a long bedtime routine, but my reward is several hours to myself, to do laundry or dishes or whatever. It's really nice, especially since Doug has been out of town all week and I've been on baby duty 24/7. I'm hoping this will continue to work, and that once he gets used to the routine it won't take 90 minutes!

1 comment:

Mattison Grace said...

Yeah! I glad the sleep planning and night time routine is working for you and Cater. The time it takes to get him to sleep will decrease. Congratulations! All this hard work will pay off I promise. Trust me I know how you feel.
It gets a lot better once they start eating cereal and the tummy stays full for a long time.