Monday, May 19, 2008

Breastfeeding progress!!

I've been offering Carter the breast without the nipple shield each time he nurses for at least a week now. Every time he would root around, get frustrated, and cry until I put the shield on. And then out of the blue, about an hour ago when I offered he just latched on and started nursing, like he'd always done it. I pre/post weighed him and he got 2.5 ounces, almost the most ever. :-D

I hope it wasn't a fluke and that we've really turned a corner here. I was so down about BFing yesterday and was lamenting to Doug that I thought I was doomed to end up mostly pumping, but now there's a little light at the end of the tunnel!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh, YAY Jenn!!! That's awesome. I remember when Will finally got off the shield. I never thought it would happen.

Congrats!!